The Globalist Authoritarians Are Playing With Fire
The Only Thing Democrats Won’t Stand Up for Is America
The Press Says Not All Billionaires Are Spending Equal, and Larry O'Donnell Negotiates...
Who's Defying Court Orders Again?
New Bill From Chip Roy to Protect Exotic Hunting Ranches Could Bolster Conservation
Injustice in Nashville
Fighting Against the Tide Of History
The Party of Hate
Time to Lower the Boom on Harvard
In Germany, the Government Wants to Decide What Is True
After Many Warnings, Trump Admin. Freezes Funding for Maine Over Refusal to Comply...
More Bad News Could Be Coming for Planned Parenthood
USCIS Stops Biden Gender Policy ‘Effective Immediately’
Details on Biden's Endorsement of Harris Shows How Much Dems Were in Disarray...
Does This New Poll Show Hopeful News for Israel?
Tipsheet

SecDef Gives Deplorable Answer When Asked If He Has Any Regrets Over Afghanistan Withdrawal

AP Photo/Andrew Harnik

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin was pressed by Rep. Jim Bank (R-IN) about the botched 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan during a House hearing on Wednesday and said he has no regrets with how the evacuation was handled.

Advertisement

"Do you have regrets about the withdrawal from Afghanistan?" Banks asked.

"I support the President's decision," Austin replied.

"Do you have regrets about the withdrawal or how the withdrawal occurred from Afghanistan that cost the lives of 13 of our service members?" Banks followed-up.

"I don't have any regrets," said Austin.

Noting Austin's answer was very "telling," Banks then asked if anyone has been held accountable within the Department of Defense for how the evacuation was conducted. Austin said no one had been fired or disciplined to his knowledge.

"Mr. Chairman, this Republican majority must provide the accountability that this administration wants to sweep under the rug, with what happened in Afghanistan," Banks said.

Advertisement

U.S. Marine Sgt. Tyler Vargas-Andrews testified three weeks ago he had spotted the suicide bomber prior to the attack at Abby Gate and asked for permission to kill him. He was denied and when he asked who had the authority to authorize the attack, he received no response. His team then lost the bomber in the crowd. A few hours later, Vargas-Andrews was severely wounded in the blast that killed 13 U.S. service members and scores of Afghan civilians.

Join the conversation as a VIP Member

Recommended

Trending on Townhall Videos

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement